There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Community Care Worker
PCT Care Services Ltd
PCT Care Services Ltd
Closing Date: 31/12/20
This is a great opportunity to join a developing and ambitious family run company providing care to adults, families and children. We are looking for Personal Care Assistants to provide support and companionship to our clients.
PCT Care is linked to our “Over and Above” charity which was created to enhance the lives of vulnerable people. Support from the charity helps us to provide caring support to help people live fulfilled enjoyable lives.
If you are flexible, friendly, considerate, helpful and going out of your way is second nature, then we want to hear from you.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To undertake the tasks specified in the care plan which may include the following personal and social care tasks:
- bathing in bed/bathroom/chair to include all aspects of personal hygiene
- assistance with management of continence of bladder and bowel
- assistance with dressing and undressing
- assistance with mobility and transfers
- assistance with feeding
- administration of medication
- assistance with therapeutic programmes for rehabilitation and development as agreed with appropriate clinical professionals
- ensuring a safe environment for those who need constant supervision and help in accordance with PCT Care Services Ltd policies, such as, Health and Safety Policy and Challenging Behaviour Policy
- supporting the person with a disability outside their home
- assistance with getting up and going to bed
- assistance with appliances (hearing aids, spectacles, artificial limbs, leg callipers)
- care of skin and hair, including assistance with shaving
- care of pressure areas and prevention of sores
- care of mouth and teeth, including dentures
- summoning emergency services if necessary
- provision of emotional support to the person with care needs and their carer(s) as part of the caring team
- domestic duties that are part of the care package:
- making and changing the bed of the person with care needs
- essential laundering
- essential shopping
- preparing meals and washing up.
You will have full access to our “In House Training” and support to undertake NVQ qualifications.
You will be required to cover – Wymondham, Attleborough, Hethersett and all surrounding villages.
Job Types: Monday to Friday including alternative weekends
Full Time: 07:00 – 14:00 or 15:00 – 22:00
Part Time 07:00 – 09:30 or 20:00 – 22:00
Salary: £8.89 to £10.76 p/h plus travel time and mileage allowance
Paid DBS (subject to status)