There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Closing Date: 30/03/21
Community Care Worker – Brooke & surrounding areas
Part Time, Full Time and weekend positions available
Locations: Our Brooke branch cover areas including Poringland, Loddon, Long Stratton and Mulbarton
There has never been a better or more poignant time to join Manorcourt Homecare (part of the Healthcare Homes Group), as we continue to grow. Our amazing care staff are striving to ensure our services are available to the most vulnerable at this difficult and challenging time. If you have the unique qualities required for this rewarding role and want to work for an organisation that provides the type of care you’d expect for your loved ones, then come and join our teams and help support your community.
In order to join our team, you will need to:
- Have a naturally caring disposition, be a good listener and have a ready smile
- Treat all service users with dignity, respect and compassion
- Possess strong communication skills
- Be dedicated and reliable, committed and offer flexibility
- Hold a full driving licence and have access to a vehicle
- Undergo an enhanced DBS check – free of charge
We offer a variety of shifts which include mornings, evenings, nights and weekends. Guaranteed hours offered – from 16 hrs upwards. We can also offer guaranteed contracted shift patterns – choose from either 7am to 3pm or 3pm to 10pm.
- Competitive rates of pay plus mileage – includes commute to and from home address and paid travel time between calls
- Flexible shifts offered – full and part time roles (please note that due to the nature of the service, working alternate weekends is required)
- Guaranteed contracted hours
- 28 days paid annual leave (pro rata)
- Free uniform and PPE
- Pension scheme
- Free DBS check
- Care experience is not essential – we provide fully paid induction training to support you gain the skills and knowledge required
- Further training and development opportunities including fully funded qualifications in Health & Social Care
Our teams help people who wish to retain their independence and remain at home for as long as possible. Duties and key responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Basic meal preparation
- Personal hygiene; showering, bathing, washing
- Helping people get up each morning and go to bed each evening
- Provide toileting assistance
- Light domestic duties
- Attend social calls, book and accompany to appointments
- Shopping either with or on behalf of service users
Full PPE provisions are provided and procedures in place to ensure our carers are protected. We also provide EAP (Employee Assistance Program).
If you live in Brooke, Poringland, Loddon, Long Stratton and Mulbarton, Trowse Newton, Tuckswood or any surrounding villages and have the unique qualities required for this exciting role, we would welcome your application.
Manorcourt Homecare is an equal opportunities employer and regulated by the CQC.