There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
King's Lynn and West Norfolk
Between £8.30-10.00 Per Hour
Closing Date: 08/10/22
Prestbury Care is a family-run homecare service based in the heart of West Norfolk. We have a great team of carers, the majority of whom have been with us for years.
We provide care services to people in the communities of Kings Lynn, Downham Market and surrounding areas.
If you would like to know more about us as a company please visit our website on : www.prestbury-care.co.uk
We require Community Care Assistants for the following daily shift patterns in and around King’s Lynn;
- Mornings / afternoons – 7am – 15:30pm
- Evening – 16:00pm – 22:00pm
Multiple shifts can be picked up within 1 day if you prefer to work longer but fewer days.
- Part-time and Full-time roles available as well as weekend only work.
- Paid mileage and travel time between visits.
What is the role?
As a Community Care Assistant you will be supporting people in their own homes to remain as independent as possible. To do this role you need to be kind, caring, compassionate and be able to deliver high quality care to achieve positive outcomes for the people we support.
Every client is different but on a daily basis a Community Care Assistant will be;
- Assisting clients with bathing, dressing and looking after their general health & well-being
- Cooking their favourite meals and assisting clients if they require help eating / drinking
- Keeping clients company. Being there for their up’s and downs and preventing loneliness
- Looking after clients at the end of their life
- Helping clients with rehabilitation after accidents or illness
- Helping clients keep a tidy and clean home
- Picking up medication and ensuring their medication is taken correctly
- Going shopping for or with clients
- Assisting clients with days out
What we offer:
- Experience is desired but full training is provided for no cost.
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Free Apprenticeship and NVQ pathways.
- My Health Assured Employee assistance scheme for you and your family
- Contracted hours available.
- Prestbury Care cover the cost of your DBS check