There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 06/12/19
Job Purpose: I’m a down to earth lady who loves animals, and I live in my own home with my teenage sons and two large friendly dogs. I have ME/CFS, which means I have very low energy levels, so I require your support with some aspects of my personal care, and with domestic tasks as having a clean home is very important to me.
• All aspects of cleaning including hygiene clean of kitchen and bathrooms, hoovering, mopping, wiping surfaces, cleaning mirrors, insides of windows.
• Supporting with other domestic tasks such as loading and unloading the dishwasher, changing beds, general tidying and taking out rubbish.
• Helping me to declutter as and when I have the energy.
• Preparing light meals and drinks.
• Aspects of personal care including running a bath for me and assisting me to wash my back, arms and legs, and applying oil to my back following my bath.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
• Flexibility with hours and times of work and with work tasks.
• Helpful and thorough approach to work with a willingness to learn.
• Able to clean to a high standard.
• Able to take instructions and willing to ask for guidance as required.
• Open and honest communicator.
• Happy to work around dogs.
Summary terms and conditions
• The rate of pay for this position is £8.46 per hour.
• You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
• Hours and times of work: 4 hours per week, to be worked from approximately 9:30am-11:30am on two set weekdays to be agreed at interview.
• The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
The post is subject to the following:
• A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
• Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
• Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.