There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 28/08/20
To support a 7-year-old boy living with A.S.D. and hyper-mobility primarily during the school holidays and at weekends.
‘K’ is a playful, bubbly and energetic 7-year-old who enjoys visits to the beach, arcades, swimming and running around at the local park. ‘K’ is non-verbal and can at times display challenging behaviour, you will need at least a theoretical understanding of the barriers ‘K’ faces, therefore this role will be best suited to an experienced support worker or someone seeking experience in a child psychology/social care field. Similarly, a teaching assistant seeking more hours outside of school time.
While ‘K’ will benefit from time away from the family environment, this will also aid Mum who is in need of respite to support her own well-being.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
• At least a theoretical understanding of supporting a child who displays challenging behaviour
• Outgoing personality
• Registered Child-Minder
• Car owner/driver with relevant business insurance
• Flexible in relation to days/hours worked
Summary terms and conditions
• The rate of pay for this position is £9.01 per hour
• You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role
• Hours and times of work: Mainly school holidays and weekends, exact hours to be discussed at interview.
The post is subject to the following
• A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
• Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
• Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.