There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 24/01/20
Job Purpose: I’m a cheerful, active visually impaired lady, living at home with my dad and retired guide dog. I can stand unaided, but can only walk short distances, and I require your support with my morning personal care routine.
• Helping me to get out of bed when required.
• Assisting me to shower, dress and do my hair.
• No moving and handling is involved.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
• Friendly nature.
• Happy to work around my retired guide dog.
Summary terms and conditions
• The rate of pay for this position is £10.50 per hour.
• You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
• Hours and times of work: 7 hours per week to be worked from approximately 8:35am until 10am Monday to Friday.
• The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
This post is subject to:
• A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
• Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
• Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.