There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 08/11/19
Job Purpose: To support a disabled lady with everyday routine, including personal care and domestic tasks.
Regular duties include:
• Preparing filtered drinking water, ice packs and hot water bottles.
• Preparing and cooking meals and light snacks including clearing away.
• Housework including changing the bed, hoovering, dusting and washing up.
• Hygiene cleaning the kitchen and bathroom.
• Laundry including hanging out washing.
• Assisting me with bathing, drying and applying cream.
• Washing and drying my hair.
• Assisting me with dressing as required.
• Emptying the commode.
• Other support tasks as required.
It is also expected you’ll be able to cover holidays and sickness of my other carers.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
• Flexibility with work tasks as my needs may change from day-to-day.
• Patience and understanding.
• Happy to work to my instructions and to my way of living.
• Maintain a professional attitude at work.
• Due to my poor health, I have an allergy to spray-on perfumes, deodorants & aftershave so you will be required not to wear these during work hours. Roll on deodorant is ok.
• Car owner/driver preferred, and able to use your car for work when needed.
• Computer literate.
Summary terms and conditions
• The rate of pay for this position is £8.46 per hour.
• You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
Hours and times of work: There are 9 hours and 15 minutes (a week) available for one position, and 8 hours and 30 minutes for the other. Some flexibility can be accommodated, and hours can be discussed further at interview.
The regular rota is:
Monday-Friday: 10am-1:30pm and 4:30pm-5:45pm
Saturday-Sunday: 10am-1:30pm and 4:30pm-5:30pm
• The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be 5.6 consecutive weeks.
The post is subject to the following:
• A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
• Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
• Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 1 month.