There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Between £8.30-10.00 Per Hour
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 10/04/21
Listed below are details of the purpose of the job and what tasks are involved. It is important and advisable to refer to this when submitting your application for the post.
Job Purpose: To support a disabled lady with everyday routine, including personal care and domestic tasks.
Regular duties include:
- Preparing filtered drinking water, ice packs and hot water bottles.
- Prepare and cook meals including clearing away.
- Housework including changing the bed, hoovering, dusting and washing up.
- Hygiene cleaning the kitchen and bathroom.
- Laundry including hanging out washing and ironing.
- Assist me with bathing, drying and applying cream.
- Wash and dry my hair.
- Assist me with dressing as required.
- Preparing a light snack.
- Emptying the commode.
- Other support tasks as required.
It is also expected you’ll be able to cover holidays and sickness of my other carers.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
- Flexibility with work tasks as my needs may change from day-to-day.
- Patience and understanding.
- Happy to work to my instructions and to my way of living.
- Maintain a professional attitude at work.
- Due to my poor health, I have an allergy to spray-on perfumes, deodorants & aftershave so you will be required not to wear these during work hours.
- Car owner/driver preferred, and able to use your car for work when needed.
- Computer literate.
Summary terms and conditions
- The rate of pay for this position is £9.01 per hour, due to rise to £9.37 per hour April 2021
- You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role
Hours and times of work: There are 16 hours available that may be shared between two people.
The regular rota is:
Monday: 10am to 1.30pm
Wednesday: 10am to 130pm
Wednesday: 4.30pm to 5.30pm
Friday: 10am to 1.30pm
Saturday: 10am To 1.30pm
Saturday: 4.30pm to 5.30pm
- The annual holiday entitlement based on working 16 hours per week is 89.6 hours per year.
The post is subject to the following:
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
- Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
- Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 1 month.