There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Between £8.30-10.00 Per Hour
Closing Date: 28/02/21
We are recruiting for a Day/Nights Care Assistant – This role can be either part-time or full time. Day shifts also available. Experience preferred, but we will train the right candidate. You can apply for an apprenticeship (over 18).
To assist in the provision of care and work as part of the team to achieve required standards. To ensure Service Users retain their dignity and individuality. To be involved in the general activities of the Care Home. To maintain a safe and secure environment for Service Users, Staff Members, and Visitors.
Skills, Knowledge & Qualifications Required:
• Genuine interest in working with the relevant Service Users group
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
• Team player
• Satisfactory Policy Check and subject to a successful DBS check
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Willingness to participate in Vocational Training Programmer
• Previous experience of working with the relevant Service User group
• Level 2/3 in Health & Social Care
1. Assisting all with aspects of Personal Care
2. Assist residents to carry out various activities
3. Do ironing and separate into piles for each resident and place in the resident’s bedroom,
4. Do any piles of washing left from the day before,
5. Wash and dress residents for bed.
6. Make and change beds, ensuring that rooms are clean and tidy, and commodes are empty, in line with the Care home disposal of waste policy. Ensure the Care home resources are used appropriately
7. Serve breakfasts. Help feed frail residents with breakfast and drinks.
8. Administer medication.
9. Write up M.A.R.File.
10. Empty rubbish bag and disposal as per waste policy.
11. Write up the Residents Daily Report file.
12. Meet and greet visitors to the home (Family member / Medical Professionals etc)