There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Home Instead Senior Care (Norwich)
Closing Date: 10/10/20
Do you want to enjoy your work and look forward to every day?
Do you want to work with great people and feel confident that your colleagues are always there to support you?
Do you want to finish each day knowing that you have made a positive difference in someone’s life?
Home Instead Norwich are here to ensure our colleagues are as well cared for as our clients. If you want to be part of something special, call Erin on 01603 963317 or complete the enquiry form below.
As a trainer and supervisor you will be responsible for training, developing and supporting CAREGivers to have a great experience of working with Home Instead.
- Deliver Home Instead training programmes to CAREGivers. These include our Learning & Development Programme, Dementia Training, End of Life Training, Basic Life Support, Moving & Handling, Medication, Stoma Care, Catheter Care etc
- Manage CAREGiver completion of the Care Certificate
- Deliver training and coaching at client properties
- Complete competency assessments, identify staff development needs and support staff with personal development plans
- Complete staff appraisals, support meetings and support visits
- Lead CAREGiver team meetings
- Complete back to work interviews following sickness absence
- Support performance management and disciplinary procedures
- Support and mentor CAREGivers
- Organise, lead and support staff retention initiatives e.g. social events, surveys, reward and recognition programmes, newsletters etc
- Work closely with the Client Experience team to ensure CAREGiver’s provide an outstanding client experience
- Participate in on-call duties
- Carry out any other duties deemed necessary for the successful operation of the business
The role may suit an experienced carer looking to take the next step in their career or a field care supervisor looking to develop their skills and experience.
- Experience in the care sector delivering personal care services
- Passion for delivering the highest quality care to clients and helping them to live safely and happily in their own homes
- Passion for caring for your colleagues
- Good communication skills with the ability to build rapport quickly
- Experience of training, supporting and supervising staff
- Level 3 NVQ in Health and Social Care or equivalent qualification or willing to study to complete this qualification
- Training qualification or willing to study for this
- Knowledge and understanding of legislation and regulations specific to Health and Social Care
- Organised and flexible to meet the needs of the business. Some evening and weekend work will be required.
- Good working knowledge of IT systems with experience of Microsoft Office and virtual communication platforms with the aptitude to learn and adopt new technologies and software where appropriate
- Must have full driving license and means of transport to provide training and support at client homes
- Experience of using a Learning Management System (LMS)
- £20,000 – £23,000 per annum
- Company bonus scheme
- 40p Mileage allowance
- Pension scheme
- Benefit scheme to save money on your shopping
- You will have 24 hour access to our Employee Assistance Programme to support your wellbeing
- We will provide training and support tailored to your needs to ensure you are confident in your role
- Opportunities to gain recognised qualifications and develop your career
- A great culture and the chance to make a real difference in your life and the lives of others
- Bonuses up to £200 for our Refer a Friend scheme