There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Brandon or Ditchingham
Closing Date: 30/07/21
Caring Together have an exciting opportunity for a Care Worker to join their team.
Location: Community based in Norfolk also recruiting across Cambridgeshire.
Salary: Starting £9.50 – £12.30 per hour depending on time and day of call; up to £13.00 per hour, depending on qualifications.
Job Type: Part Time or Full Time – Minimum 16 hours per week
Expenses: Mileage 30p/mile, travel time 20p/mile
About Caring Together
Three in five of us will become a carer at some point in our life. Caring Together is an ambitious regional charity that provides emotional and practical support, advice and guidance to carers of all ages and their families, as well as opportunities to take a break from their caring role.
Our vision is of a world where caring is made easier.
We believe in providing great care and connecting with the people we support.
We are proud to be a living wage employer and to have a clear career pathway for care workers to develop their experience and skills should you wish to progress.
Our care workers have permanent contracts and work a variety of adaptable hours that fit with client’s requirements and your availability following successful probation.
Care Worker – The Role:
As part of the care team, your key focus will be providing a flexible service to people with care needs and their families, working within customers’ homes to promote independence through greater choice and control. Support will involve personal and social care and support to achieve personal goals and positive outcomes.
Care workers work alongside colleagues in a similar role and a wider team providing information, advice and guidance to carers.
The successful candidate will be driven to provide high quality, person centred care at the times people would like it. They will work with people of all ages, with a range of conditions and requirements.
Care Worker – Key Responsibilities:
– Provide care support in the home and community
– Undertake the tasks specified in the care plan, adapting your practice to the preferences of the individual. For example, but not limited to washing, administering medication, assistance with the management of continence, support with eating and mouth care, support with companionship mobility and transfers
– Ensure a safe environment in accordance with company policies and to communicate any changes which may affect the safety of the environment
– Provide emergency support and summon emergency services, if necessary
– Provide emotional support to people and their carers as part of a caring team
– Fulfil basic domestic duties as care package, such as: making and changing the bed of the person with care needs, essential laundering, essential shopping, preparing meals and washing up
– Undertake other specialised care tasks as agreed
– Play a proactive role in signposting patients and families to relevant support services (internal, external; statutory, non-statutory), to prevent admissions
– Complete and submit clear, accurate records and reports to required standards
– Participate in an induction programme and attend on-going training
– Establish positive working relationships internally and externally to support the company to achieve its business plan and meet customers outcomes
Care Worker – You:
– Driving licence and access to a vehicle.
– No care experience or qualification is necessary as full training will be provided
– Level 2 or 3 in health and social care qualification, or equivalent
– Computer literate
– Experience of working independently, using own initiative and problem solving
– Experience of establishing and maintaining professional working relationships and work well in a team
– Experience of providing person centred care in the community
– Experience of engaging with a diverse range of users and stakeholders
– Knowledge of and experience working to a high standard within legislative and regulatory standards of care
– Willingness to travel across our region
Care Worker – Benefits:
As well as a rewarding career, development opportunities and a competitive salary, you’ll also enjoy:
– Paid induction leading to a Certificate in Care and ongoing professional development
– Free mobile phone, PPE equipment and a DBS check
– An opportunity to experience working in a charity that makes caring rewarding
– Competitive salary £9.50-£12.30 per hour
– 20 days annual leave plus statutory holidays (eight days) as well as the option to buy and sell annual leave in accordance with our terms and conditions
– £200 Refer a friend bonus
– Fuel card
– Flexible working patterns to suit your needs
– Long service awards
– Pension scheme
– Mileage allowance of 30p and travel time of 20p
– Wellbeing support
– Paid Carers leave in accordance with our terms and conditions
– Staff forum
– CarerSmart discount club
To submit your application for this exciting Care Worker opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now!
Caring Together is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We are inclusive. We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view. We are an equal opportunities employer and expect staff to respect the personal choice and lifestyles of colleagues, carers, and people with care needs.