There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Closing Date: 10/05/21
NorseCare is a specialist provider of care home services throughout Norfolk and Suffolk, operating a number of different homes and schemes that cater for a variety of needs including dementia. Our staff develop strong relationships with our residents, ensuring we can meet individual needs whilst creating a caring environment.
Weavers Court is a popular Housing with Care scheme with 48 attractive, self-contained flats, which have twenty-four-hour access to care. The scheme is situated in the thriving town of Diss and is located close to a range of amenities. Weavers Court offers lots of activities for its tenants and the local community, including Diss Kindness Club who meet every Tuesday at the scheme and the Dementia Café every month.
We currently have the exciting opportunity for two Team Leaders to join the team working either 33 hours per week or 19 hours per week on days. This will include working some weekends.
As team leader, you will support the manager in the day-to-day management of staff, ensuring that we are delivering safe, effective and responsive care at all times. You will have the responsibility of overseeing and demonstrating good practice, values and standards of care in support of the Manager and Deputy Manager. You will continue to deliver person-centred care, whilst leading your team to act in the best interest of our residents and tenants at all times.
Our Successful Candidate:
We are looking for you to show us your dedicated and passion for care through your experience and core values, highlighting;
- Background delivering personal or professional care
- Previous experience in a supervisory or team lead position
- An understanding of excellent service levels in care
- The desire to learn and develop
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Completion of The Care Certificate is desirable but not essential
- Full UK driving licence and access to vehicle would be an advantage
Working for NorseCare provides a rewarding career in a supported environment, giving you specialist training and guidance to deliver the best possible person-centred care at all times. We believe in making a difference to the lives of everyone around us.
Our benefits include:
- Competitive rates of pay with excellent benefits
- Enhancements for working weekends and Bank Holidays
- A DBS check, paid for by us
- A comprehensive induction programme
- Regular learning and training reviews with access to our digital E-learning platform and our learning resource library
- Clearly defined progression routes supporting you with your career development
- Training such as in-house mandatory training (including the Care Certificate), specialist training (such as dementia care and end of life) and development training offering fully-funded NVQ Level 2-3 qualifications (following successful completion of a probationary period)
- Reward & Recognition scheme, including the opportunity to be awarded Love2Shop vouchers
- NEST Auto-Enrolment pension scheme (subject to eligibility)
- Annual staff awards celebration event
- Work wear provided, dependent on the role
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Physiotherapy scheme
- 24/7 staff helpline to assist with legal or financial information, or personal support and guidance
- Access to a Credit Union for excellent savings and loan options
An enhanced DBS check will be applied for the successful applicant, paid for by NorseCare. Please click here for details of our DBS policy relating to the recruitment of ex-offenders.
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications, so we would advise you to submit your application as early as possible.
Due to the high numbers of applications we receive for our vacancies, if you do not hear from us within 4 weeks of the date you apply, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful for this position.
Our core values are at the heart of everything we do. We expect all our employees to embrace and share our values:
Compassion – Aspiration – Respect – Empowering