There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Closing Date: 03/12/21
For a limited time, join us now and receive £300 bonus!!*
Care Support Workers
£9.60 – £10.15 Per Hour
Part- Time Hours
St Nicholas House, Dereham
NorseCare are Norfolk’s largest care home provider, delivering dedicated and individually driven care services throughout the region. Our residents are at the heart of everything we do, and we build teams of caring professionals to ensure their needs can remain our main focus.
St Nicholas House is our residential Care Home in Dereham, where we provide 24/7 dedicated care and support to up to 39 people. The relaxed environment is hugely important to us and we want everyone to be happy, content and ultimately feel like they are at home.
We are recruiting for Care Support Workers to join our team on a permanent basis working part-time hours. All positions will involve a mixture of shifts (including weekends) 0700-1430 and 1430-2130.
If you are looking for a more flexible role we have the opportunity for you to join the team working Days or Nights on a casual basis, covering annual leave and sickness.
Our Successful Candidate:
Whilst previous experience within the care industry would be ideal, we are happy to offer full training and support to those who share our core values. Aside from experience, we are looking for you to;
- Be supportive and caring at all times ensuring you are providing exemplary service to our residents/tenants
- Be able to work effectively as part of a team
- Willingness to go that extra mile
- Full UK Driving Licence would be an advantage due to location
- Competitive rates of pay with excellent benefits
- Enhancements for working weekends, Bank Holidays and additional hours
- We will fully support your personal development to achieve your career aspirations through award winning training and courses paid for by NorseCare
- An ethos centred around supporting are employees including access to free physiotherapy and chiropractic treatment
- 24/7 staff helpline to assist with legal or financial information, as well as personal support and guidance
- A DBS check and uniform, paid for and provided by us
- A comprehensive induction programme
- Regular learning and training reviews with access to our digital E-learning platform and our learning resource library
- Reward & Recognition scheme, including the opportunity to be awarded Love2Shop vouchers and attend NorseCare’s Awards Ceremony
- A fantastic Refer a Friend scheme
- NEST Auto-Enrolment pension scheme (subject to eligibility)
- Free on-site parking
- Access to a Credit Union for excellent savings and loan options
- Cycle to Work scheme
An enhanced DBS check will be required for our successful candidate, payment will be met by the employer. Please click here for details of our DBS policy relating to the recruitment of ex-offenders.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications, so please be advised to submit your application as early as possible.
Due to the high numbers of applications we receive for our vacancies, if you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of the date you apply, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful for this position.
*£100 will be payable at 3 months, a further £200 will be payable at 6 months. This is subject to successful performance, sickness reviews and completion of successful probation period. You will not be eligible for this bonus if you are currently an employee of the Norse Group.
At Norse Group, we are dedicated to providing a safe environment for our residents, employees and local communities. We remain compliant with Government legislation on the full vaccination of staff working within resident care settings again Covid1-19 as of 11th November 2021, with limited exemptions. For further information on the Government policy and any exemptions, click here.
Our core values are at the heart of everything we do. We expect all our employees to embrace and share our values:
Compassion – Aspiration – Respect – Empowering