There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Between £10.01-12.00 Per Hour
Closing Date: 25/08/22
For a limited time, join us now and receive £300 bonus!!*
Care Support Worker
£10.19 – £10.74 per hour
Part-time Hours or Casual Contracts
Downham Market, Oakes Court
NorseCare provide specialist care services across several homes and scheme in Norfolk & Suffolk, passionate about delivering services that meet the individual needs of our residents. We are able to offer support for a diverse range of needs, including specialist dementia care units at a number of our homes.
Oakes Court is our Housing with Care Scheme in Downham Market, where we provide care and support to several tenants living in their own flats. We currently have an opportunity for Care Support Workers to join the team, working 24 hours per week on days, on a permanent basis. We are also looking for Care Support Workers on a casual basis, working as and when required.
In this role, you will be part of a dedicated and rewarding team who strive to provide excellent care services to our tenants, ensuring they retain their independence whilst be always available for support. You will be part of a diverse and professional care team who can support you with career development within the industry, offering hands-on training and guidance whilst providing opportunities for professional training.
Previous care experience is always sought after when we grow our team, however it is essential that you share our values in delivering care, highlighted by;
- Ability to deliver services under pressure
- Capable of building strong relationships with colleagues and tenants
- Able to work effectively within a team, as well as working to your own initiative as an individual
- Able to deliver an excellent services level, and willing to go the extra mile
Your experience can be within a professional or personal environment, as we are proud to offer full training and support to all our staff.
- Competitive rates of pay with excellent benefits
- Enhancements for working weekends, Bank Holidays and additional hours
- We will fully support your personal development to achieve your career aspirations through award winning training and courses paid for by NorseCare
- An ethos centred around supporting are employees including access to free physiotherapy and chiropractic treatment
- 24/7 staff helpline to assist with legal or financial information, as well as personal support and guidance
- A DBS check and uniform, paid for and provided by us
- A comprehensive induction programme
- Regular learning and training reviews with access to our digital E-learning platform and our learning resource library
- Reward & Recognition scheme, including the opportunity to be awarded – Love2Shop vouchers and attend NorseCare’s Awards Ceremony
- A fantastic Refer a Friend scheme
- NEST Auto-Enrolment pension scheme (subject to eligibility)
- Free on-site parking
- Access to a Credit Union for excellent savings and loan options
- Cycle to Work scheme
An enhanced DBS check will be required for our successful candidate, payment will be met by the employer. Please click here for details of our DBS policy relating to the recruitment of ex-offenders.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications, so please be advised to submit your application as early as possible.
Due to the high numbers of applications we receive for our vacancies, if you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of the date you apply, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful for this position.
*£100 will be payable at 3 months, a further £200 will be payable at 6 months subject to obtaining a contracted position working at least an average of 12 hours per week. This is also subject to successful performance, sickness reviews and completion of successful probation period. You will not be eligible for this bonus if you are currently an employee of the Norse Group.
Our core values are at the heart of everything we do. We expect all our employees to embrace and share our values:
Compassion – Aspiration – Respect – Empowering