There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
£9.13 per hour (plus enhancements during weekends and bank holidays)
Closing Date: 18/12/19
At High Haven, our warm and homely residential home in Downham Market, we are currently recruiting for a Care Support Worker to work nights for an average of 18 hours per week.
High Haven is a purpose-built residential home, situated in the historic West Norfolk town of Downham Market. The home provides excellent care for up to 39 residents with other facilities including several lounges, an attractive dining room, a conservatory and extensive gardens.
If you would like to learn more about the Care Support Worker role and responsibilities, please visit the NorseCare website.
Working for NorseCare provides a rewarding career in a supported environment, giving you specialist training and guidance to deliver the best possible person-centred care at all times. We believe in making a difference to the lives of everyone around us.
Our aim is to offer high-quality care and support, which enables people to be as independent as possible and remain healthy, active and engaged within their community.
NorseCare is seeking passionate, caring people to join their team. You will be a hard worker who understands the importance of working as a team to promote the independence of our residents and tenants. If you share in our values, are compassionate, caring and take pride in providing a quality driven service then we would like to hear from you.
Our benefits include:
- Competitive rates of pay with excellent benefits
- Enhancements for working weekends and Bank Holidays
- A DBS check, paid for by us
- A comprehensive induction programme
- Regular learning and training reviews with access to our digital E-learning platform and our learning resource library
- Clearly defined progression routes supporting you with your career development
- Training such as in-house mandatory training (including the Care Certificate), specialist training (such as dementia care and end of life) and development training offering fully-funded NVQ Level 2-3 qualifications (following successful completion of a probationary period)
- Reward & Recognition scheme, including the opportunity to be awarded Love2Shop vouchers
- NEST Auto-Enrolment pension scheme (subject to eligibility)
- Annual staff awards celebration event
- Work wear provided, dependent on the role
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Physiotherapy scheme
- 24/7 staff helpline to assist with legal or financial information, or personal support and guidance
- Access to a Credit Union for excellent savings and loan options
An enhanced DBS check will be applied for the successful applicant, paid for by NorseCare.
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications, so we would advise you to submit your application as early as possible.
Due to the high numbers of applications we receive for our vacancies, if you do not hear from us within 4 weeks of the date you apply, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful for this position.