There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Between £10.01-12.00 Per Hour
Closing Date: 25/08/22
For a limited time, join us now and receive £300 bonus!!*
Care Support Worker
£10.19 – £10.74 per hour
High Haven, Downham Market
NorseCare are Norfolk’s largest care home provider, delivering dedicated and individually driven care services across 36 homes and schemes throughout the region. Our residents are at the heart of everything we do, and we build teams of caring professionals to ensure their needs can remain our main focus.
High Haven is a purpose-built residential home, situated in Downham Market. The home provides exceptional care for up to 39 residents and we have the fantastic opportunity for Care Support Workers to join the NorseCare team at High Haven working part-time hours on day shifts (08.00-15.00 / 08.00-14.30 / 14.30-21.30) nights, or on a casual basis.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to build a career in a rewarding industry supported by our close-knit team and senior management. You will be provided with local training, supported with professional development to aid your progression.
As a Care Support Worker, you will assist with personal care and support tasks which enables our residents/tenants to make informed choices, supporting their independence and dignity.
Our Successful Candidate:
- Full UK driving licence and access to vehicle
- Be supportive and caring at all times ensuring you are providing exemplary service to our residents/tenants
- Completion of The Care Certificate is desirable but not essential
- Willingness to go that extra mile
- Competitive rates of pay with excellent benefits
- Enhancements for working weekends, Bank Holidays and additional hours
- We will fully support your personal development to achieve your career aspirations through award winning training and courses paid for by NorseCare
- An ethos centred around supporting are employees including access to free physiotherapy and chiropractic treatment
- 24/7 staff helpline to assist with legal or financial information, as well as personal support and guidance
- A DBS check and uniform, paid for and provided by us
- A comprehensive induction programme
- Regular learning and training reviews with access to our digital E-learning platform and our learning resource library
- Reward & Recognition scheme, including the opportunity to be awarded Love2Shop vouchers and attend NorseCare’s Awards Ceremony
- A fantastic Refer a Friend scheme
- NEST Auto-Enrolment pension scheme (subject to eligibility)
- Free on-site parking
- Access to a Credit Union for excellent savings and loan options
- Cycle to Work scheme
Please read the attached job description and person specification to ensure you meet the criteria for the role before applying.
We are committed to employment practices and behaviours which encourage diversity, promote equality of treatment and eliminate unlawful and or unfair discrimination.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications. If you have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has not been successful and will not be progressed to the next stage.
An enhanced DBS check will be required for our successful candidate, payment will be met by the employer. Please click here for details of our DBS policy relating to the recruitment of ex-offenders.
*£100 will be payable at 3 months, a further £200 will be payable at 6 months subject to obtaining a contracted position working at least an average of 12 hours per week. This is also subject to successful performance, sickness reviews and completion of successful probation period. You will not be eligible for this bonus if you are currently an employee of the Norse Group.
Our core values are at the heart of everything we do. We expect all our employees to embrace and share our values:
Compassion – Aspiration – Respect – Empowering