There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
£30000-£35000 Per Year
Closing Date: 15/02/24
Care Deputy Manager
Permanent, Full time (37.5 hpw)
Salary circa £34,000 depending on skills and experience.
Plus, On-Call payment and great benefits including Health Cash Plan
Home, a place where you belong
Join us in this great and rewarding job as our Care Deputy Manager, in our new Norfolk Positive Behaviour Support Services. You’ll support our Registered Manager to lead our team who provide person-centred and strengths-based support to our customers, helping them reach their full potential. At Home Group our clinical interventions work hand in hand with daily support integrating health, housing, and care.
You’ll primarily support our Registered Manager leading a team in a trailblazing new service in Norfolk supporting one of our customers in Taverham, and you’ll also get to cover our more established teams in Easton, North Walsham and Norwich. Our services support customers with complex care needs, including learning disability and behaviours that challenge us.
Typical day as our Care Deputy Manager
- Helping our customers overcome barriers and help them lead a fulfilling and meaningful life and reach their true potential.
- Ensuring that the services our customers receive are consistent with a high quality Positive Behaviour Support provision, and in line with CQC Fundamental Standard regulatory requirements.
- Leading a team to provide high quality individualised care ensuring safety and great quality of life, promoting independence and social inclusion through person centered support.
- You will support customers and their families to transform lives and build independence
- Motivating, directing, guiding, coaching and supporting your team to work with our customers.
- You’ll play a key role in monitoring quality and outcomes data with the RM to evidence compliance and best practice
Fancy going home each day knowing that you have helped change our customers lives for the better. You’ll do that here, working for one of the Top Ten Great Places to Work in the UK!
- Experience in CQC Regulated services, with a Level 3 Diploma in Adult Health & Social Care or equivalent.
- Experience working with customers with complex care needs and behaviours that challenge us.
- Experience working with stakeholders both internal and external.
- A patient and calm approach, able to adapt your style to customers’ needs, as well as to the specific occasion and circumstances, even when they challenge us.
- Great people management and motivation skills, bringing colleagues together to share information, best practice and fostering creativity and reflective practice.
- You’ll need to be able to drive and have a vehicle insured for business purposes. The great news is that we’ll pay your mileage!
You’ll join our Registered Manager Glen, who joined us earlier this year. His first career was as a goldsmith creating famous pieces including F1 racing trophies, and a silver pointy hat for Jamiroquai! You’ll also join our growing team in Norfolk consisting of Team Leaders and PBS workers, and our wider team including our Nurse Consultant Greg. We’re really proud of how we’re setting up our new care services in Norfolk and are continuing to grow over the next few months.
- You can agree a work pattern with us, and you’ll take part in our on-call rota
- You’re able to use technology to update create and update support plans, communicate with colleagues and complete online learning.
- We’ll make sure you have a fantastic induction with ongoing learning and support.
- You’ll need an Enhanced DBS check done and we pay for that.
A place where you belong
Great things happen when we can be ourselves at work. We want all our colleagues to be who they truly are here. Our internal diversity networks, peers and allies (Multicultural, LGBTQIA+ and Disability) support us all to be our best. Together we make Home Group a great place to work!
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave (increasing to 30), the option to buy 5 more, a me day (to take off for whatever you fancy) and time off for volunteering too!
- Health cash plan saving you from £1140 per annum. We’ll cover your costs (and kids if you have them) towards dental, optical, prescriptions, alternative therapies and lots more.
- Over 800 high street discounts on groceries, holidays and days out. Looking for a new phone, bike or car? Save money with us.
- We Grow Our Own colleagues (not literally of course!), when you’re ready for the next step in your career, you can grow with us!
- Colleagues really matter to us, that’s why we’re the 10th Best place in the UK for Wellbeing. Our tools and support help you when you need them.
- Explore our benefits in detail on our website.
Find out more
Click APPLY NOW to see the Deputy Manager Job description, find out about us and help to apply. Sometimes we close a job early, so don’t delay applying or you might miss out. Finally, do let us know if there’s anything we can do to help you shine in our process at firstname.lastname@example.org