There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
£10.42-£12.00 Per Hour
Closing Date: 30/11/23
Care Assistants – days and nights available
£10.90-£11.15 per hour, dependant on experience
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our hardworking team at Lincoln House residential/nursing care home in Dereham. We are a family owned, fun organisation that lives by our company values – we are one big family, everything we do is from the heart, caring is our passion, always have fun, nothing is too much!
Care Assistants play a crucial role in the lives of our residents and their families and are the most vital members of our team. We expect our Care Assistants to interact with our residents in a relationship-centred manner, promoting their dignity, independence, well-being, and becoming an integral part of the lives.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assisting residents with their daily personal care including but not limited to, bathing, dressing and undressing, general hygiene.
- Our Care Assistants are supporting a wide range of residents with specific needs e.g., Alzheimer’s, dementia, epilepsy, deaf/ blind etc.
- Assisting the residents with physical disabilities in using personal aids and equipment as required.
- Ensuring residents safety is always the priority.
- Record accurately in care plans maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- Our Care Assistants promote mental and physical wellbeing of the residents by engaging with them in activities such as reading, writing, hobbies, recreations and, having a friendly chat.
- Maintain good working relationships with all colleagues, residents and, visitors – working together for the benefit of everyone.
Day shifts: 7am-8.15pm/7am-2.30pm/2.30pm-8.15pm
Night shifts: 8pm-7.15am
Benefits and culture:
- Shift pattern includes working every other weekend
- Full and Part-time shifts available
- Annual Leave 28 days
- Variety – no two days are the same!
- Ongoing training and development; including fully funded diplomas up to NVQ level 5.
- Long term career opportunities
- Financial Planning – providing you with the opportunity to withdraw a portion of your wages in advance of payday, to increase your choice and financial wellbeing.
- No DBS fees.
- Employee assistance program to support your health and wellbeing.
- Blue Light Card offering a number of discounts across retail and hospitality.
- Refer a friend scheme.
Apply today and be a part of this award-winning organisation!