There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 28/11/19
Bradenham, near Dereham, Norfolk
Rates of Pay
£392.62 Weekly £10,208.12 Annual
Accessing the Community
Personal Care (including toileting)
General Care Duties
Saturday 10.00 – 22.00 & Sleeping night (22.00 – 08.00)
Sunday 08.00 – 22.00 & Sleeping night (22.00 – 08.00)
Monday 08.00 – 09.00
About the role
Personal Assistant required to join a dedicated small team that provides 24/7 care, for a young man with physical and mental health disabilities with behavioural problems, living in his own home. Staff have a private bedroom and en-suite bathroom for their personal use only. To assist with accessing the local community for activities, food preparation, general household domestic duties, assisting in personal care (including toileting), companionship. Staff will be given a shift planner at the start of their shift, detailing the required activities throughout the day. Staff must be compliant in following a detailed support plan for all activities, situations and events. Compiling a daily log, completing a MAR chart. Comprehensive induction programme with continuous support and guidance. 5.6 weeks holiday entitlement per year, pro-rata (2.8 weeks) Bank Holidays paid at double rate.
- Full UK Driving License
- Car Owner (to provide business insurance certificate, MOT, Road Fund License)
- Positive working attitude
- Must be ok with dogs (4 dogs have use of garden area)
- Be prepared to provide cover for Staff Holidays/Sickness
- Undertake all training as your employer deems necessary
- Honest, trustworthy and sincere in all work-related areas
- Care work experience desirable, but not essential, comprehensive induction & detailed support plan in place.
1. Personal care (including toileting)
2. Food preparation
3. Household domestic duties (washing/ironing/cleaning)
4. Accessing the community in carers car
5. Must follow a detailed support plan
6. Daily Log report
7. Daily MAR Chart completion
This is a great opportunity to be employed in a small team that values its employees. All meals and drinks provided. Mileage paid @ £0.40per mile.
Probation period 6 months.
Must provide a satisfactory DBS check.
If you feel you are the right person for this role, please email DPSSRecruitment@norfolk.gov.uk to request an application form, quoting job ref: DPSS162