Listed below are details of the purpose of the job and what tasks are involved. It is important and advisable to refer to this when submitting your application for the post.
C is a 33 year old guy with a happy disposition, who has cerebral palsy and is a wheelchair user. C can’t speak but loves to be involved in conversations; he lets you know what he wants with visual clues, so can get his point across, something you get used to quickly as you get to know him. Your role will be to support C with all aspects of his personal care, administering medication, simple meal preparation and domestic tasks. We are an easy going, fun loving family with a crazy sense of humour and would love to find 1 or 2 people to fit into our family.
Location: Great Yarmouth.
· All aspects of C’s personal care using a hoist, including showering and dressing him, and changing his incontinence pads, sheaths and urine bag. Full training will be provided.
· Administering a couple of very straightforward medicines to C.
· Preparing and feeding basic meals to C.
· A small amount of cleaning to keep C’s personal area tidy.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
· Happy and chatty personality with a good sense of humour.
· Ability to work alone or with another PA/Carer at times.
· Flexible with working hours.
· Happy to work around dogs – our dogs are lovely, but are normally kept out of the way.
· Car owner/driver with suitable business use insurance would be advantageous, but not essential.
Summary terms and conditions
· The rate of pay for this position is £9.37 per hour.
· You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
· Hours and times of work: The days will generally be Friday and Saturday from 8:30am-1pm and 5:30-6:30pm, and Sunday 8:30am-6pm, with some flexibility with hours and days of work required.
A job share will be considered if you can’t commit to all the hours, as there will potentially be more hours available in the future.
· The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
The post is subject to the following:
· A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
· Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
· Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.
To apply please click ‘Apply Now’ or ‘Call Now’ selecting option 2.