There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Caister on sea
Between £8.30-10.00 Per Hour
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 23/07/21
Listed below are details of the purpose of the job and what tasks are involved. It is important and advisable to refer to this when submitting your application for the post.
Job Purpose: To provide support to a brother and sister with Down’s Syndrome and other associated conditions to enable them to live independently in their own home.
Location: Caister on Sea.
Details:. Your role will involve assisting the siblings with meal preparation, laundry and running their house and maintaining their garden. You will also take the siblings out and about to social activities, shopping and appointments by driving them in your own car. You will need to prompt the siblings to take their medication and provide minimal personal care as required. At bedtime the brother requires assistance to put on his CPAP machine, and during the night the siblings only need occasional supervision, i.e. if they are in pain or become disorientated. You will be provided with appropriate PPE for the role, which you will be expected to wear.
N.B. – The employer in this instance is the sibling’s mother.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
- Car owner/driver with appropriate business use insurance.
- Friendly but respectful of professional boundaries.
- Patient and caring.
- Common sense approach.
- Good sense of humour.
- Happy to work around dogs.
- First Aid certificate.
Summary terms and conditions
- The rate of pay for this position is £9.37 per hour between 4pm-10pm and 7am-9am and £9.06 per hour between 10pm-7am.
- You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
- Hours and times of work: 4pm-9am 2 negotiable shifts per week, plus cover available for the absence of my other PAs.
- The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
This post is subject to:
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
- Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
- Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.