There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
The Coach House
Competitive rates + benefits!
Full/Part time guaranteed hours
The Coach House
Closing Date: 30/04/17
The Coach House is a comfortable residential care home based in a tree lined residential area in the coastal village of Hemsby. We are specialised to meet the care needs of the service users suffering with Dementia and Mental Health disorders and are registered to care for 66 service users. The special needs of the elderly service users are incorporated in the design, colour co-ordination and comfortable furnishings which are complemented by the essential assistive technology and security facilities.
Our mission is to provide personalised quality care to all of our service users through continuous training and education of our staff in all aspects of service delivery whilst striving to act on client recommendations. Personalised care plans focus on individual needs, interests and choices, and are developed by working closely with the service users and their families. Regular indoor and outdoor activities are organised to promote the health and wellbeing of service users.
Join our team?
We are looking for like-minded people to join our team. People who have a caring nature, patience and a passion for providing excellence in care. You may have not worked as Care Assistant or indeed in the care industry before but have the right attitude and willing to learn which is the perfect starting point. We will support you to develop your skills and knowledge.
What will the role involve?
The role of the Care Assistant is to Support our residents with their everyday needs ensuring emotional and social needs are met. Promoting independence, choice and dignity and assisting where needed with personal care activities such as washing, dressing and meal times. You will be part of daily recreational social activities within groups and one to one.
Accurate and timely record keeping is essential to ensure the safe and effective care delivery and once you have been fully trained and inducted you will also be a mentor for new team members joining.
Duties will include:
- Maintaining awareness of service user’s needs and assisting them to retain maximum independence.
- Maintain at all times a safe and homely environment both for service users and fellow staff.
- Ensuring privacy for each and every service user.
- Ensuring strict confidentiality in all personal matters pertaining to service users both within and outside the home.
- Assist each service user to lead as full and active daily life as possible.
- Assisting service users with dressing/undressing.
- Assisting service users with bathing, including special attention to personal hygiene, e.g hair, nails, eyes and oral hygiene.
- Assisting service users with their meals as appropriate.
- Laying tables, in a manner, which enhances each meal experience in dining room.
- Greeting visitors and escorting them to service users.
- Attend to service users personal laundry requirements when necessary.
- Report to person in charge, any matter, which affects positively or adversely the home environment.
- To be actively familiar with all fire and other emergency procedures.
- To read and adhere to all home’s policies and procedures.
- Assist with domestic duties as required.
- To assist with any other duties or tasks which may be required e.g. service user outings, hospital visits.
- In house training will be provided for all aspects of care delivery.
- Key workers to review care plans monthly, changing where necessary, signing and dating these changes.
- To attend all required staff meetings.
We have full time and part time positions available on our Day and Night shifts. Please note; these positions do include weekend working.
Recruiting for 35-40 hour Care Assistant for Days and up to 44 hours Care Assistant for Night shifts.
If you have any question please contact us on 01493 730265
To apply email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or feel free to visit us to pick an application form from the following address:
Coach House Residential Home