There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Closing Date: 31/07/21
Bank Senior Care Assistant
Rate of Pay: £9.43
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team at Clarence House in the beautiful seaside town of Mundesley, whether your experienced or just thinking about your first Care Job this could be the move for you.
Clarence House is a registered Residential Home in specialising in Dementia Care. We are a 41-bed home, all with varying clinical, physical needs.
Here at Clarence House we provide support for older people, we provide more than just somewhere to live; we provide a caring home environment with activities and support.
We require professional, reliable, compassionate senior carers who understand the importance of providing care with dignity and respect.
Does this sound like you, professional, reliable, and compassionate. Someone who understands the importance of providing care with dignity and respect, if so, we want to hear from you.
Salary starting from £9.43
Nest Pension Scheme
Full induction & on-going fully certificated training to support your development
We promote recognized qualifications in care and encourage learning
Perk Box subscription offering discounts on everyday shopping & free wellbeing service
Company progression opportunities- over 80% promotion within services
Company awards yearly recognising progression and service
- To supervise and participate in the delivery of care to the residents.
- To lead on the responsibility of residents individual care documentation ensuring a person centred approach.
- To provide effective leadership for care staff through supervision, support and mentoring in all aspects of care.
- To be responsible for the administration of medication
- Work effectively with others within the home to ensure that resident’s needs are met
- To actively participate and supervise in the delivery of care to the residents to ensure that their physical, social, intellectual and emotional needs are met and ensuring dignity, choice, independence and respect.
- To be responsible with the team for the preparation, implementation, review and update of all residents care plans in line with their personal wishes and preferences involving resident’s, representatives, key workers and management as appropriate in line with Clarence House, Cephas Care Ltd policies.
- To be responsible with the team for continual monitoring of each residents health needs by ensuring access to NHS healthcare services and monitoring of health related care documentation assessments. To include appropriate liaison with residents, relatives, deputy/manager and relevant staff.
- To ensure residents choice and independence is respected through appropriate risk management involving all parties and ensuring accurate up to date record keeping.
- Encourage residents to be involved in the Home. Welcome and encourage their participation in activities so that they can participate and remain emotionally and intellectually stimulated.
- Assist as required with social functions that take place at the Home.
- Support and work closely with families and friends offering them professional and emotional support, sensitive to individual need.
- To administer prescribed medication to residents and assist in the management of an effective system for the safe control and administration of medication in accordance with policy and procedures.
- To effectively lead, motivate and support care staff
- To assist in the appropriate induction and support of new care staff to the home.
- Provide effective supervision sessions for care staff within the team and support with identified training needs.
- Assist staff to complete relevant documentation as directed.
- Monitor care staff performance, report any issue to the deputy / manager.
- To undertake responsibility within an area of work as delegated by the Home Manager
- Understand and observe all relevant regulations and Clarence House, Cephas Care Ltd policies and procedures.
- Be familiar with the administrative records of the Home and ensure that all records are kept up to date.
- To follow appropriate procedures in the event of accidents/ emergencies e.g. fire, missing residents.
- Ensure that the Home is secure at all times whilst on duty.
- Ensure appropriate and agreed staffing levels are maintained in liaison with the deputy/manager.
- To report and advise the relevant persons with respect to the repairs and maintenance of the home.
- To be flexible about working hours, this will include days and nights to meet the needs of the home.
- To be approachable and supportive to staff and managers.
- To attend staff meetings when appropriate and to be available for one to one sessions as agreed.
- To attend appropriate training and development sessions as agreed with the Manager.
- To maintain confidentiality at all times.
- To carry out any reasonable duties as requested by the Manager.
- To be aware of and comply with safe working practices as laid down by the Health and Safety at Work Act.
- To uphold and promote equal opportunities in employment practice and service delivery.
- Experience in a health or social care setting working with older people
- Relevant NVQ Level 2 qualification with an up to date “safe administration of medication” certificate or
- Relevant NVQ Level 3 qualification or equivalent
- Ability to communicate and interact well with residents and others
- Good basic care planning skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and under pressure in a diverse and changing environment
- Demonstrate an empathy and understanding of the needs of older people
- Ability to carry out all aspects of the role to a high standard at all times
- Ability to effectively supervise individuals and a team
All successful candidates will complete a DBS application.
If this sounds like the position for you contact us today.