There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Sanctuary Supported Living
Closing Date: 02/08/22
Bank Senior Care and Support Assistant
Sidegate Lane Nursing Home, Ipswich
£10.47 per hour
Hours as and when required
Do you need flexibility in the days you work? Our bank roles (sometimes referred to as “relief roles” in other companies) mean that you will be able to choose from available shifts and have the benefits of a consistent workplace combined with opportunity to build positive relationships with the individuals we support. However you aren’t guaranteed shifts every week as hours are worked as and when required.
Could you support people with mental health needs and/or dementia to live more independently and to make a difference that lasts long after the end of your shift?
We are seeking an experienced and engaging Bank Senior Care and Support Assistant to provide personal care and support to our residents at Sidegate Lane, located in a quiet area of Ipswich within walking distance of the town centre.
We have a free, spacious car park but if you don’t drive, we’re conveniently located on a bus route.
Our residential nursing home is a fast-paced environment where no two days are the same!
We provide a comprehensive induction programme as well as on-going training to develop new and existing skills and encourage progression.
If you’re a person who celebrate differences, and strives to treat others with dignity and respect, this is a great opportunity to join our like-minded, hardworking, and resident-focused team. We value our team, encouraging learning and development, supporting each other.
The role of Bank Senior Care and Support Assistant will include:
- Leading a team of Care and Support Assistants
- Working closely with staff to provide personal care and support to residents, and encourage them to enhance their independence and personal potential
- Safe handling of medication
- Building and maintaining relationships with internal and external customers
- Promoting safe practices and undertaking risk assessments as appropriate
- Managing and implementing safeguarding principles to ensure the safety of our residents
Skills and experiences:
- Recent experience of working in a similar role with vulnerable people is essential
- Previous experience supervising a team
- Personalised approach to care and support, with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to form positive relationships with people from varied backgrounds
- Enthusiastic and flexible with a strong “can-do” attitude
- Strong organisational skills as well as functional literacy and numeracy
- NVQ level 2 in Health and Social Care, or willing to work towards
- Understanding of relevant legislation and best practice
Why work for Sanctuary Supported Living?
We support vulnerable people to live as independently as possible, by building their confidence and skills to realise their potential.
We are a national organisation but we think locally. We support people through supported housing, move-on accommodation, CQC registered services, floating support and telecare services. We specialise in services for young people, homeless families and individuals, people with physical disabilities, learning disabilities, people with mental health needs and older people.
Ready to join Sanctuary Supported Living?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary Supported Living a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- Health and well-being plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
- £10.47 per hour
We are proud to support the Department of Health and Social Care’s ‘Made with Care’ campaign to encourage more people to apply to work in adult social care. If you’re considering a caring career, we have many rewarding roles at Sanctuary Supported Living. For more information on the campaign click here
Closing Date: 02 August 2022
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
Building Equality and Diversity
Sanctuary Group encourages and welcomes applications from people from diverse backgrounds to support our commitment to offering an inclusive environment for our employees and customers.
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Supported Living is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association and Sanctuary Home Care Limited, both exempt charities.