To provide all aspects of care and support in his own home to T, a teenage boy who has severe epilepsy and learning disabilities and who is non-verbal.
· To reheat an evening meal for T and his 10 year old sister.
· To feed T, prepare drinks and assist him to drink as required.
· To change T’s incontinence pads as required. A hoist is available, however T is mobile and his independence is encouraged.
· Supporting T in the event of a seizure, for which full guidance will be provided.
· Being vigilant to T’s needs at all time.
· Keeping T and his sister company, watching TV with them etc.
N.B. – Please note that the employer in this instance will be T’s dad.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
· Experience of working with children with special needs, particularly epilepsy, or a willingness to learn.
· Able to use moving and handling equipment safely.
· Dog lover as there are two friendly dogs in the home.
· Flexible with hours and tasks of work.
Summary terms and conditions
· The rate of pay for this position is £15 per hour
· You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
· Hours and times of work: To cover the absence of T’s main PA, who works 3pm-6pm Wednesday and 4pm-7pm Thursday. To provide flexible cover to accommodate T’s parents’ work, appointments and occasional social activities as required.
The post is subject to the following:
· A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
· Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
· Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.
To apply please click ‘Apply Now’ or ‘Call Now’ selecting option 2.