There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Between £10.01-12.00 Per Hour
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 06/08/21
Listed below are details of the purpose of the job and what tasks are involved. It is important and advisable to refer to this when submitting your application for the post.
Job Purpose: C is an intelligent older man with physical disabilities including left sided paralysis, epilepsy and diabetes, following a major stroke. He requires close care, provided by his wife and a team of PA/Carers. He has a cheeky, happy character and has retained his sense of humour. He is sports mad, especially football, rugby, golf and cricket. You will be working in a large house with excellent facilities, in a happy and caring environment. We are a non-smoking household and have three dogs.
- Working with another PA/Carer to assist C with his personal care using a hoist, including washing/showering and dressing. Full training will be provided.
- Administering C’s medication.
- Domestic tasks such as laundry and changing bed linen.
- Providing a care sit to enable C’s wife to go out, providing companionship to C and attending to his needs.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
- Flexible with days and times of work.
- Kind and understanding nature with a good sense of humour.
- Your own transport as the location is rural, albeit only six miles from Fakenham and Holt.
- Happy to work around dogs.
Summary terms and conditions
- The rate of pay for this position is £11.09 per hour.
- You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
- Hours and times of work: You will be providing bank cover as required. The total hours required by the team are three 1 hour visits being 9:30am, 3:30pm and 8pm Monday -Friday and every other weekend, and one 5 hour additional dayshift once a month for a care sit.
- The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
The post is subject to the following:
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
- Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
- Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.
To apply please click ‘Apply Now’ or ‘Call Now’ selecting option 2.