There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Between £10.01-12.00 Per Hour
Sanctuary Supported Living
Closing Date: 16/08/22
Bank Female Project Worker
Withipoll Street Homeless Services, Ipswich
£10.61 per hour
Hours as and when required
Do you need flexibility in the days you work? Our bank roles (sometimes referred to as “relief roles” in other companies) mean that you will be able to choose from available shifts and have the benefits of a consistent workplace combined with opportunity to build positive relationships with the individuals we support. However you aren’t guaranteed shifts every week as hours are worked as and when required.
Are you looking for an exciting and varied role where no two days are the same? Are you passionate about supporting people?
If this sounds like you then we may have your perfect opportunity!
Sanctuary Supported Living is the largest provider of housing related support to single homeless people in Suffolk. The aim of our services is to ensure our clients achieve their own goals and aspirations through the support and encouragement of our staff and focusing on delivering excellent quality.
The primary focus of our services is to support clients in a range of areas including, finding employment, recovery from addiction and building stability through a range of social activities. A successful outcome is achieved when our customers can move on to suitable long-term accommodation appropriate to their needs.
We are seeking an experienced resilient and empathetic Bank Female Project Worker to join our team at Withipoll Street Homeless Services.
Withipoll Street Homeless Services supports 10 clients who are 16+ and experiencing, or at risk of, homelessness.
The role of Bank Female Project Worker will include:
- Supporting our clients to maximise their independence and move forward with their lives
- Assisting with assessing clients’ needs by writing and updating client notes
- Being a first point of call to receive and direct all customer and resident queries
- Developing good relationships with clients, helping them develop life skills
- Working with external agencies such as mental health and drug and alcohol professionals to support clients in accessing specialised support services
- Handling occasional emergency/challenging situations
- Going above and beyond to ensure an excellent service is provided to our clients
- Working as part of a team with occasional lone working
- Some health and safety responsibilities e.g. fire safety checks
Skills and experiences:
- NVQ2 in Health & Social Care, or willing to work towards
- Experience of working with vulnerable adults, people experiencing safeguarding, domestic abuse, mental health needs or substance misuse
- Experience in support planning, key working, risk assessment and safeguarding
- Previous experience working under challenging circumstances
- Good communication skills
- Ability to use IT systems confidently
Due to the sensitive needs of our clients we can only consider female applicants. Gender is considered to be a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with paragraph 1 of schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010.
Why work for Sanctuary Supported Living?
We support vulnerable people to live as independently as possible, by building their confidence and skills to realise their potential.
We are a national organisation but we think locally. We support people through supported housing, move-on accommodation, CQC registered services, floating support and telecare services. We specialise in services for young people, homeless families and individuals, people with physical disabilities, learning disabilities, people with mental health needs and older people.
Ready to join Sanctuary Supported Living?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary Supported Living a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- Health and well-being plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
- £10.61 per hour
We are proud to support the Department of Health and Social Care’s ‘Made with Care’ campaign to encourage more people to apply to work in adult social care. If you’re considering a caring career, we have many rewarding roles at Sanctuary Retirement Living.
Closing Date: 16 August 2022
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
Building Equality and Diversity
Sanctuary Group encourages and welcomes applications from people from diverse backgrounds to support our commitment to offering an inclusive environment for our employees and customers.
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Supported Living is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association and Sanctuary Home Care Limited, both exempt charities.