There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Between £8.30-10.00 Per Hour
Closing Date: 29/10/21
Position: Bank Cook
Responsible to: Home Manager / Kitchen Manager
Job Purpose: To provide well balanced and nutritious meals for the elderly, following all food safety regulations.
- To cook meals for the elderly on a daily basis
- Follow a set menu to provide a nutritious well balanced weekly menu taking into account all dietary needs
- To be responsible for carrying out and recording all health and safety checks in the kitchen including fridge, freezer and food temperatures.
- Clean the kitchen following the agreed schedule
- To follow all health and safety and environmental health regulations reporting to the manager any necessary action required
- Ensure the kitchen and equipment are clean and safe and standards of hygiene are high
- Complete the weekly shopping list
- To keep accurate records
- Attend identified training
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Any other duties, which may be reasonably required of you, as identified by the Residential Manager
- To be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of residents you come into contact with.
Promoting the Company
All Employees within Cephas Care Ltd are expected to promote the company and its ethos whenever possible.
The Company is committed to making any necessary reasonable adjustments to the job role and the working environment that would enable access to employment opportunities for disabled job applicants or continued employment for any employee who develops a disabling condition.
You are entrusted with confidential and sometimes sensitive information about Cephas Care Ltd, and the people who live and work there; we hope that you will always remember this and respect the trust we place in you.
This job description represents the broad framework of responsibilities and duties of the post, which may change as the services develops. Following discussion and agreement with the post holder it may therefore be amended as necessary.
- A Level 2 qualification in Food Safety
- To have knowledge and understanding of environmental health regulations
- A knowledge and understanding of health and safety
- A knowledge and understanding of infection control.
- A knowledge and understanding of healthy eating
- Effective communication skills
- Ability and commitment to work as part of a team
- Reliability and motivation
- Able to take responsibility
- Ability to do relevant health and safety checks and keep up to date records.
- Experience of working to Health and Safety regulations
- Experience of working to COSHH regulations
- Experience of providing healthy, well balanced nutritious meals
- Some previous cooking experience in a commercial kitchen
What can we offer you
- Nest Pension Scheme
- Discounted childcare when using Alpha Nurseries Ltd
- Full induction & on-going fully certificated training
- QCF’s Highly Supported
- Perk Box subscription offering discounts & wellbeing service
- Company progression opportunities
- Annual performance related pay reviews
- Company awards yearly
- Refer a Friend Scheme