To support an active 7 year old with Autism to engage in activities
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
My son is an energetic boy who requires support to enjoy a variety of activities. He likes going to the park, swimming, trampolining, and in fact anything active. It is important to vary his activities so that he does not fall into too much routine. His Autism means that he needs close supervision because he can tend to run off and display aggressive behaviour when frustrated. He can communicate and feed himself (may ask for help opening packets) and would need a little support with toileting (no nappies).
· Friendly, positive nature
· Encouraging and patient
· Some knowledge/experience of Autism
· Energetic and enthusiastic
Summary terms and conditions
· The rate of pay for this position is £9.37 per hour
· You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
· Hours and times of work: 1 day per month, up to 8 hours, flexible/variable depending on activities.
The post is subject to the following:
· A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
· Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
· Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.
To apply please click ‘Apply Now’ or ‘Call Now’ selecting option 2.