There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Norfolk County Council
Closing Date: 19/01/22
County Hall, Norwich
£24,982 to £27,041 per annum
37 hours per week
An opportunity has arisen for you to join us as an Assistant Practitioner in the Central Norwich team.
You will be undertaking assessments, support planning and reviews with people and their carers, making any arrangements as required. Covering Central Norfolk, our team of Social Workers, Assistant Practitioners and Occupational Therapists utilise the Care Act (2014) to assess and provide support to adults living in the community.
You will be expected to arrange, review and monitor outcomes to meet assessed need as agreed within the person’s Support Plan. This may include (depending on setting):
- Liaising or enabling service users to liaise with providers and departmental support sections over administrative, contractual and financial arrangements
- Emphasising personal well-being and assisting people to remain or regain independence, utilising help from their own families, communities or social networks through Norfolk County Council’s Living Well approach
- Facilitating delivery of support plans
- Support service users who wish to commission their own services to do so.
- Working with the Resource Allocation System and assisting service users with relevant form filling when no alternative provision to do so is in place.
- Ordering and demonstrating the use of equipment and adaptations and checking that they meet the needs identified.
It’s an exciting time to join us in Adult Social Services as we continue working under the Living Well approach to care. Our approach seeks to embed our vision to support people to be independent, resilient and well in the community. To maintain our approach, we’re investing in our people – who will make it happen and take us forward on our journey.
If you are committed to a person-centred and strengths-based way of working, we would be interested in hearing from you. In return, we can offer you the opportunity to work in an exciting and challenging area of Social Care, and you will be supported to develop into the role with regular supervision, training and peer support.
We’re looking to add to our team of dedicated and passionate social workers in embracing our Living Well agenda and supporting people to be independent, resilient and well. We are proud of our multi-disciplinary working environment and our positive working relationships with our Health colleagues.
Norfolk is a beautiful county, a real hidden gem with over 90 miles of unspoilt coastline, beautiful countryside, the unique Norfolk Broads, amazing wildlife, picturesque market towns and fabulous seaside resorts. At the heart is the vibrant city of Norwich with excellent shopping, a vast array of restaurants and a pub for everyday of the year. Travel links are extensive with direct rail links to London and Cambridge and Norwich International Airport with flights to Europe and beyond.
For an informal discussion regarding this vacancy, please contact either Rachael Dowdell –
Team Manager on 01603 222567 or Tia Watts -Team Manager on 01603 217665
All our office-based roles are currently working from home as part of our Smarter Working plans and to support the health and safety of all our colleagues. We anticipate that working remotely will be a key feature of this role and when offices re-open your office base will be County Hall, Norwich. Our technology platform and equipment are first class, enabling you to connect and collaborate remotely. We ask that you have in place good Broadband connectivity.