There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Norfolk Opportunities Centre – Autism Anglia
Closing Date: 30/06/21
Location: Norfolk Opportunities Centre, Dereham
Hours: 18 hours per week
Job ref: N254
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a well-established regional charity. Autism Anglia provides ongoing training and supervision, continuing professional development and support as well as an extensive induction on commencement of employment.
You will be supporting individuals with life skills and development towards their goals and objectives, in a small group environment or one to one basis. The individuals we support face unique challenges and you will be assisting them so that they can live more independently by providing support in areas such as basic literacy and numeracy, cookery, horticulture, basic IT skills and daily life skills such as menu planning, shopping and using public transport in addition to accessing leisure services within the community.
Your main focus will be to assist with organised sessions and promote the development of each individual, adopting a holistic approach which demonstrates an understanding of their personal, physical, emotional, spiritual and educational needs.
Experience of working with adults with autism and associated learning difficulties is desirable however more important for us is your aptitude for working positively and within a person-centered approach. You will be making use of your own life skills and potentially your own interests and hobbies to enhance the lives and development of the individuals we support.
Holding a full driving license is an essential requirement for this role.
We have a clear pay progression structure and offer the following benefits:
- Extensive Induction and Learning & Development programmes, with nationally recognised qualifications;
- Job-related qualifications obtained during employment paid for by Autism Anglia (subject to conditions)
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays (pro-rata for part-time)
- Additional holiday based on length of service
- Flexible working hours (where possible) for study and time off given for job-related exams
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Access to Spectrum Life Employee Assistance Programme, Wellbeing Tools, including counselling services & the Benefits Hub, which will give you access to lots of shopping and entertainment discounts, instant discounted gift cards and cashback
- Occupational Sick Pay (after 12 mths)
- Support & encouragement to progress and reach full potential within your chosen career
- Pension scheme
Autism Anglia is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and expect all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Autism Anglia is positive about inclusion and welcomes applications from individuals who are able to meet the requirements of the job position and may wish to request flexible working or reasonable adjustments to support them.
In the first instance please send your CV by clicking ‘Apply Now’
Closing date: Open
If no response is received within 3 weeks of submitting your full application, please assume your application has been unsuccessful. You are welcome to apply again for other positions.