There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
The Coach House
Competitive rates + benefits! Per Hour
The Coach House
Closing Date: 21/04/17
We are looking for an experienced Activities Coordinator to provide a wide range of interesting and stimulating activities for our residents on one to one and large group basis.
This busy, caring role will be rewarding, challenging and never dull. You’ll need to build relationships and support our Residents to maintain their dignity and individuality through activities and one to one time.
You will be required to plan and implement activities appropriate to Residents’ needs and requests. Aspects of this role will include developing creative fundraising ideas and determining how to use the funds appropriately to benefit the lives of the residents’.
You will need to be caring, energetic and organised in order to fulfil this role fully. Ideal candidates will have previous experience in organising activities for groups of people with a variety of needs and tastes.
Duties will include:
- Enhancing the intellectual and social well-being of the residents
- Helping residents to socialise within the Care Home
- Encouraging staff members, relatives and friends to participate in the Home’s activities and events
- Activities include painting, colouring, arts & crafts, crosswords, reading, musical entertainment/dancing, word games etc. taking the residents in the garden when the weather is nice and generally providing stimulating activities around the home.
- Planning weekly activity rotas in conjunction with the residents wishes and needs
- Assessing individual needs and creating person-centred programmes
- Maintaining full and accurate records of activities, to monitor record and evaluate effectiveness.
- Fostering good community relations
- Organising fund raising initiatives, including coffee mornings, Xmas & summer fayres etc.
Qualifications & skills:
- Must be able to demonstrate literacy and numeracy skills
- Good computer skills
- Experience with social media platforms
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisation skills
- Ability to work as a team player and on own
- Experience of working with elderly with dementia will be preferred although not necessary
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic, has lots of ideas and is able to work on their own initiative.
Full-time position, 30 – 35 hours, Monday to Friday generally, although it is essential to be flexible for working odd evenings and weekends for special events etc.
If you have any question please contact us on 01493 730265
To apply email you CV to email@example.com