There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Terrington St. Clement
Competitive rates + benefits! Per Hour
Closing Date: 13/04/19
JOB PURPOSE: To plan and implement activities appropriate to Clients’ needs and requests. To assist Home Manager to organise fundraising events.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & QUALIFICATIONS
* Proven ability to develop and organise a range of events / activities for Clients in all Client categories
* Good communication and organisational skills
* Team player
* Ability to work on own initiative
* Friendly, creative and confident
* Genuine interest in working with the relevant Client group
* Satisfactory Police Check and check against the SOVA List (where applicable)
* Previous experience of working with the relevant Client group
* Qualification in remedial / occupational therapies
* Flexible approach towards working routines
- Help Clients to socialise within the Care Centre, and provide a variety of activities that cater for all tastes.
- Plan and initiate monthly rolling / individual programmes, and encourage Clients to maintain pre-existing hobbies.
- Encourage Staff Members, Relatives and Friends to participate in activities.
- Accompany Clients, where possible, to off-site activities, which may occasionally take place outside normal working hours.
- Help to create an atmosphere that suits individual Clients within the Home.
- Assist with fund raising, and budgeting, for entertainments, materials and outings.
- Maintain full and accurate records of daily activities using appropriate documentation, and assist the Home Manager to review and update Client Care Files.
- Discuss the aims and objectives of recreation therapy with other Staff Members.
- Report any changes in Clients’ physical or emotional condition to the Home Manager or Person in
- Provide comfort and company, on a one to one basis, for Clients who are unable to undertake any form of activity.
- Arrange / participate in Staff and Client meetings, as and when required.
Human Resources (HR):
- Assist the Home Manager when interviewing relevant Volunteers and assistant Staff Members, and supervise their work, in line with the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Actively market Armscare Ltd and promote a positive personal / professional profile within the local community, ensuring the good reputation of Armscare Ltd at all times.
Training & Development:
- Ensure all Staff Members know how to use appropriate equipment.
- Attend mandatory training days/courses, on or off site, as and when required.
- Maintain professional knowledge and competence.
By choosing ARMSCARE Ltd you are joining a progressive and ambitious group of care homes. We are driven to provide the very best standards of care and quality within our homes, and to recruit the very best people to our company. As such we offer a competitive salary and range of benefits including:
- Ongoing training
- Career development opportunities
- Refer a friend scheme
- Comprehensive induction
- Opportunity to become a specialist Champion
- Free uniform
- Pension scheme