There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
£9.16 Per Hour
Closing Date: 26/05/20
NorseCare are currently recruiting for an Activities Assistant join the team at Lydia Eva Court in Gorleston, Norfolk.
Lydia Eva Court is our modern purpose-built home care home in Gorleston that provides excellent residential care for up to 89 people specialising in those living with dementia.
As an Activities Assistant, you will work as part of a team to promote and maintain a high standard of care and ensuring the emotional, physical and social wellbeing of the residents by planning and implementing meaningful social activities appropriate to the resident’s needs, wishes and preferences including supporting daily living opportunities.
Joining the team at Lydia Eva Court you will be playing a part of an essential service which is highly recognised in the industry. You will be joining a friendly team, to deliver a range of activities and attend to the personal, social and emotional needs of residents/tenants. This role is for an average of 18 hours per week flexible hours.
We are looking for someone that has strong values and is able to demonstrate the following;
- Some experience within care either personally or professionally
- Organisational skills
- Able to function well under pressure
- Can work towards tight deadlines and follow instructions
- Can work well within a team or on your own
- Can follow instructions and communicate at all levels
- Willing to go the extra mile
- Competitive rates of pay with excellent benefits
- Enhancements for working weekends and Bank Holidays
- Annual Leave entitlement plus bank holidays
- An enhanced DBS check paid for by NorseCare
- Clearly defined progression routes supporting career development, offering fully-funded NVQ Level 2-3 qualifications (after probation)
- Full induction and training programme including the Care Certificate and specialist training.
- Reward & Recognition scheme, including the opportunity to be awarded Love2Shop vouchers
- NEST Auto-Enrolment pension scheme (subject to eligibility)
An enhanced DBS check will be required for our successful candidate, payment will be met by the employer. Please click here for details of our DBS policy relating to the recruitment of ex-offenders.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications, so please be advised to submit your application as early as possible.
Due to the high numbers of applications we receive for our vacancies, if you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of the date you apply, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful for this position.
Our core values are at the heart of everything we do. We expect all our employees to embrace and share our values:
Compassion – Aspiration – Respect – Empowering