Listed below are details of the purpose and general tasks of the job to provide some insight of what is involved. It is advisable to refer to this when submitting your application for the post and discussing at the interview.
To provide support for a young man with learning disabilities to be independent and enjoy social activities
Location: Roughton, NR11
I’m a cheerful 19 year old man who is at college, but I have a learning disability that means I’m non-verbal (although I’m good at making myself understood). I also have epilepsy which is well controlled with medication. I really like the outdoors and enjoy gardening, going to the beach, picnics and meeting friends. I would like a friendly, active personal assistant to support me with getting out and about, maintaining my safety whilst allowing me some independence.
May include other duties, to be discussed
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
Preferrable but not essential
· Knowledge of BSL
· Driver with own car and relevant class of business insurance
Summary terms and conditions
· The rate of pay for this position is £10.00 per hour
· You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
· Hours and times of work: 5 hours per week, usually one evening after college, but very flexible depending on what we are doing. Currently it’s Tuesdays, but could change, and might occasionally be during the day at weekends.
The post is subject to the following:
· A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
· Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer
· Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.
‘To apply please click ‘Apply Now’ or ‘Call Now’ selecting option 2.