Listed below are details of the purpose and general tasks of the job to provide some insight of what is involved. It is advisable to refer to this when submitting your application for the post.
To support a mother and her children with all daily living tasks and maintaining their home environment.
Location: Norwich, NR10
I am a mother of two children looking for two friendly Personal Assistants to support me with daily living tasks, parenting support and general domestic duties.
Duties to include:
· Providing encouragement to support me with carrying out daily living tasks for both myself and my children, with the aim of carrying out tasks with me rather than for me.
· Support with personal care including dressing/undressing and showering while maintaining my dignity and independence as much as possible. I am able to carry out aspects of this independently, but you will be required to support as is necessary.
· Providing parenting support to help me meet the needs of my children, including ensuring they have clean clothing, fresh bedding and are provided with breakfast and a dinner each day.
· Taking my children to school and picking them up from school if required.
· Supporting me to prepare meals, including batch cooking.
· Domestic duties to ensure my home environment is clean and tidy.
· Support with general admin tasks such as booking appointments and responding to mail.
· Support with accessing the local community and socialising outside of the home to support my general wellbeing.
· Any other reasonable duties as required.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
· Carries out domestic cleaning tasks to a high standard.
· Previous experience working with or caring for children in either a professional or personal capacity.
· Positive and motivating character.
Summary terms and conditions
· The rate of pay for this position is £12 per hour.
· You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role
· Hours and times of work: 28 hours per week working Mondays to Sundays. This will consist of 4 hours per day Monday-Friday working 2 hours from 7:30am-9:30am and 2 hours from 5:30pm-7:30pm. Weekend work will consist of 4-hour shifts on Saturdays and Sundays. Exact hours and times to be discussed further at interview.
The post is subject to the following
· A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
· Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
· Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.
‘To apply please click ‘Apply Now’ or ‘Call Now’ selecting option 2.