To support a mother with all daily living tasks including personal care, food preparation, domestic duties and parenting support.
Location: Norwich, NR4
I am a mother of two looking for two Personal Assistants to support me with all daily living tasks, including personal care, meal preparation, housework, accessing the community and helping me care for my two children.
My support needs are significant and include diagnoses such as Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome-Hypermobility, blood and immune disorders and non-epileptic seizures. I cannot be left alone at any time due to the risk of seizures as these can come on at any time, without warning, and can cause symptoms similar to respiratory arrest. It is important that if this were to happen, you would be able to remain calm and respond in an emergency to keep me safe.
Duties to include:
· Preparing food and drinks including an evening meal for the family.
· Personal care including support with dressing/undressing, showering and managing toileting needs.
· All household tasks including hoovering, tidying away, cleaning, changing bed linen and doing laundry.
· Providing transport to access the local community and any appointments.
· Parenting support to ensure my children’s needs are being met. This may include assisting me to ensure they are up, washed and dressed.
· Taking my children to school and picking them up from school.
· Any other reasonable duties as requested.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
· Previous experience in a similar role not essential, providing you have an enthusiasm for the role and are eager to learn.
· Driving license holder with own vehicle and appropriate business insurance cover essential.
· Confident driver with good driving experience as you will be expected to provide transport to appointments with some of these being in Cambridge.
· Previous experience working with or caring for children preferred.
· Calm, collected and able to respond in an emergency situation.
· Able to use own initiative.
Summary terms and conditions
· The rate of pay for this position is £9.37 per hour.
· You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
· Hours and times of work: An average of 60.5 hours per week to be shared between two personal assistants. Please indicate the shifts you are interested in working and the approximate number of hours you would like to work per week. The shifts available are:
1. Monday to Friday: 7am to 6pm, or split shifts to be shared between two personal assistants from 7am to 12:30pm, and from 12:30pm to 6pm.
2. 2 11-hour shifts each month working on Saturdays from 7am to 6pm.
The post is subject to the following
· A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
· Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
· Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.
To apply please click ‘Apply Now’ or ‘Call Now’ selecting option 2.