Short-Term Paid Work in Adult Social Care

The government is asking people to register their interest in taking up short-term paid work in the adult social care sector. This will help to meet urgent additional staffing requirements during winter. You can register even if you’re furloughed. You’ll be eligible for paid work through this scheme.

Working in adult social care can be challenging but rewarding and you’ll make a real difference to people’s lives every day.

Types of work

Roles will be dependent on need and your level of experience. Roles could include:

  • providing people with direct care
  • wellbeing support such as check-in and chat
  • helping people with cooking and cleaning
  • administrative support

These roles could be in residential settings or in people’s own homes, supporting elderly people or learning-disabled adults.

Roles can be full-time or part-time.

To find out more and to register your interest click  here